Text Casella to 97211
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. [Nasdaq: CWST] is a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Casella operates facilities in 6 northeastern states, with roughly 2,300 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $660 million.
The Territory Representative is responsible for maintaining and growing a group of generator customers (accounts) within New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut. The person in this role must develop a deep understanding of a customer's needs and help them get the most out of the services provided by Casella, and increase revenue by acquiring new accounts or by introducing new products or services to current accounts.
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities
- Assist in the development of a Sales and Marketing plan to drive customer acquisition and achieve revenue and profit goals.
- Develop and maintain a high proficiency in selling all aspects of services including transportation and disposal, composting, anaerobic digestion, land application, product marketing, recycling, and solutions.
- Work with subject matter experts in the areas of disposal, recycling, and solutions to enhance cross-selling opportunities.
- Fully plan and implement an internal growth strategy including price increases when applicable.
- Lead responses to bid opportunities and negotiate mutually agreeable contracts on all work gained.
- Look for opportunities to increase services to existing customers and develop a fully functioning account retention program in the defined territory.
- Recognize and solve problems and develop quality cross-selling solutions with key team members.
- Maintain strong relationships with logistics specialists, compliance and accounting personnel, and product sales representatives to insure the highest level of service is provided on all accounts.
- Implement effective time management goals.
- Review monthly financials to assure profit goals are being met on all accounts.
- Prepare and submit all administrative paperwork for customer set up and account changes.
- Understand and utilize company pro-formas, and pricing and profitability models.
- Utilize Microsoft Dynamics 365 to clearly and accurately set goals and communicate monthly goals and accomplishments in coordination with division management.
- Develop tasks and activities that support both personal and company goals and communicate actual results to goals on a monthly basis with division management.
- Attend all divisional and regional sales meetings to aid in training and increase networking opportunities.
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal, strategic selling and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical and formal presentation skills
- Demonstrated sales results and track record of success
- Qualify, develop and manage business opportunities
- Proficienct use of Office 365 and related platforms
- History of succeeding in collaborative environments
- 3-5 years “Business to Business” or sales
- Experience or interest in environmental and or sustainability field
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Relevant sales certifications
- Sales schools
- Valid driving license
- Travel - 80% inside the defined territory.
- Periodic overnight travel for regional training
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
Casella Waste Systems is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.