Territory Sales Representative
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. [Nasdaq: CWST] is a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Casella operates facilities in 6 northeastern states, with just under 2000 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $599 million.
The Territory Sales Representative is responsible for maintaining and growing a group of customers (accounts) within a defined geographic area. The person in this role must develop a deep understanding of a customer's needs while helping customers get the most of the existing services they have purchased, and increasing revenue by introducing an account contact to new products or services.
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities
- Assist in the development of a Sales and Marketing plan to drive customer acquisition and achieve revenue and profit goals.
- Develop and maintain a high proficiency in selling all aspects of products and services including hauling, disposal, recycling, solutions and organics.
- Work with subject matter experts in the areas of disposal, recycling, solutions, and organics to enhance cross selling opportunities.
- Fully plan and implement an internal growth strategy including price increases.
- Look for opportunities to increase services to existing customers and develop a fully functioning account retention program in the defined territory.
- Recognize and solve problems and develop quality cross-selling solutions with the key team members.
- Maintain strong relationships with drivers, operations, customers, Customer Service representatives to insure the safest service procedures.
- Implement effective time management goals.
- Work with division management to maintain Service Standards.
- Prepare and submit all administrative paperwork for customer set up and account changes.
- Understand and utilize company pricing and profitability models.
- Utilize Microsoft Dynamics 365 to clearly and accurately set goals and communicate monthly goals and accomplishments in coordination with local management.
- Develop tasks and activities that support both personal and company goals and communicate actual results to goal on a monthly basis with local management.
- Attend all divisional and regional sales meetings to aid in training and increase networking opportunities.
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and strategic selling and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical and formal presentation skills
- Demonstrated sales results and track record of success
- Qualify develop and manage business opportunities
- Proficient use of Office 365 and related platforms
- History of succeeding in collaborative environments
- Minimum 3-5 years “Business to Business” or sales
- Experience or interest in environmental and or sustainability field
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Relevant sales certifications
- Sales school
- Valid driving license
- Travel- 80% inside the defined territory
- Periodic overnight travel for regional training
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.