Transfer Station Attendant
Text Casella to 97211
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. [Nasdaq: CWST] is a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Casella operates facilities in 6 northeastern states, with just under 2000 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $599 million.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. has opened a search for a hands on, experienced Transfer Station Assistant to join our facility located in Bethlehem, NH.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Establish and maintain a high level of professionalism in the area of facility management and compliance.
- Direct and assist customers in proper disposal procedures; monitor incoming traffic, inspect and screen loads for prohibited waste.
- Explain and enforce permit rules and regulations; provide recycle information.
- Educate customers of alternative disposal and recycling opportunities for unacceptable or prohibited waste at the Transfer Station.
- Contact vendors for pickup of materials to be processed and maintain records.
- Maintain cleanliness in disposal area and all paperwork as required by permit.
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Basic knowledge of solid waste disposal practices
- NH DES Solid Waste Certification is a plus
Qualifications & Skills:
- Strong commitment to workplace safety, OSHA and DOT regulations is critical.
- Must be dependable and enjoy meeting and assisting the public in a positive and helpful manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Interpret and comply with written and oral instructions.
- Remain calm and use good judgment during confrontational or high pressure situations.
- Courteously meet and deal effectively with other employees, contractors and the public.
- Positive, team oriented attitude
- Open to personal and professional training and development
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.