Transfer Station Supervisor
Text Casella to 97211
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. [Nasdaq: CWST] is a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Casella operates facilities in 6 northeastern states, with 2,500 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $725 million.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. has opened a search for a hands-on, experienced Transfer Station Supervisor to join our facility located in Westbrook, ME.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Establish and maintain a high level of professionalism in the area of facility management, facility compliance, safety and OSHA regulations.
- Monitors transfer stations' work processes, procedures, expenses, and establishes programs which drive team performance toward departmental and organizational goals.
- Ensure incoming and outgoing transportation is controlled to comply with safety, environmental, and other regulatory requirements.
- Ensures smooth and efficient operation of transfer station, including: sorting, loading and traffic control.
- Reviews and evaluates work to ensure quality, timely completion and implements quality control in adherence to policies and procedures.
- Increasing efficiency in material handling, reducing operational coasts and taking steps to minimize off-site impact.
- Inspect work areas and incoming loads to insure full compliance with facility and material acceptance standards.
- Communicates and interacts effectively with employees, supervisors, vendors.
- Develops and interprets organizational goals, policies and procedures, and reviews and updates project plan as appropriate.
- Maintains a clean, safe work environment in compliance with OSHA/Corporate Standards.
- Must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty. Other minor duties may be assigned.
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Waste Industry experience is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
Qualifications & Skills:
- Ability to review and measure daily productivity to increase efficiencies is required
- Strong commitment to workplace safety, OSHA and DOT regulations is critical
- Strong verbal, written and computer skills.
- Knowledge of operations and equipment maintenance is required.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Problem solving skills are required.
- Positive, team-oriented attitude.
- Strong work ethic.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Open to personal and professional training and development.
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.