Casella Waste Systems, Inc. [Nasdaq: CWST] is a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Casella operates facilities in 6 northeastern states, with just under 2000 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $565 million.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. has opened a search for a Working Lead to join the Nucor Steel facility located in Auburn, NY. This position is 90% hands on and is in a fast paced environment.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Processing of production scrap, sorting, baling cardboard and plastic film
- Operate powered industrial equipment in use such as forklifts, mini loader/tractor, baler, compactors.
- Create and manage all shipping paperwork (Bill-of-Lading, Packing List, Trailer Checklist, Waste Manifests, etc.)
- Proactively address issues and solve problems as they arise
- Communicate program details to clients and internal staff
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Program Monitoring and Management
- Maintain and continuously promote environmental, equipment safety OSHA safety compliance
- Manage the daily logistical needs of the customer’s facility
- Ensure proper packaging of waste and recycling into containers most appropriate for the material and which comply with applicable transport regulations and disposal/recycling site acceptance parameters
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with multiple client contacts at the plant
- Accumulate and deliver written feedback on the program’s effectiveness and recommend improvements
- Identify opportunity for best practices and continuous improvements as part of a quarterly reporting process
- Attend meetings and participate in conference calls as needed
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Ability to operate Forklift, Baler, Compactor equipment upon completion of training
- OSHA and DEC Regulations
- Basic computer skills such as spreadsheets
Qualifications & Skills:
- Self-directed person
- Strong commitment to workplace safety
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills are required
- Ability to work varied hours and extended hours (if needed)
- Be able to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Satisfactory results from mandatory background check and drug screening
- Positive, team oriented attitude
- Open to personal and professional training and development
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.