Regional VP, Operations
Text Casella to 97211
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. [Nasdaq: CWST] is a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Casella operates facilities in 6 northeastern states, with 2,500 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $725 million.
The Regional VP, Operations is responsible for the leadership of senior operations management and hundreds of frontline employees. In addition, this position is responsible for overseeing operational efficiency initiatives and programs within the Region. This position reports to the Regional VP with a dotted line to the SVP, Operations and works with the SVP, Operations to design, test, and implement processes and technologies to reduce cost and improve operating margins. Also, this position will be responsible for the successful integration of acquisitions.
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities
- Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose, creates mileposts to rally support behind the vision; makes the vision sharable by everyone; can inspire and motivate entire units in the organization.
- Responsible for hiring, goal setting, development, performance and succession planning for all employees in their span of control.
- Manages several senior operations leaders and hundreds of frontline employees to provide a safe, customer centric organization.
- Drives a higher standard in leadership and development of Operations Management, sales finance, technical and frontline employees.
- Provides stabilizing and engaging support to employees of new acquisitions.
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency through changes in operating equipment and processes.
- Under the guidance of the RVP and SVP, Operations position will implement operational improvement plans or initiatives and prepare supporting analysis.
- Maintain effective and timely and internal communication with key stakeholders regarding progress.
- Participate in the Service Management ERP selection, implementation, and on-going support of all Region field users.
- Lead the successful integration of all hauling company acquisitions within the Region consisting of participation in due diligence and completion of implementation planning template.
- In conjunction with Region Controller and RVP, conduct monthly MOR meetings with each division.
- Execute programs to improve safety, DOT compliance, training and turnover reduction.
- Drive the further development of standard operating practices for all lines of business.
- Proven accountability for a multi-location multi-million-dollar P&L.
- Proven success at managing large groups of General Managers, Sales, Finance and frontline employees.
- Minimum 10+ years operational or controller experience in the waste industry.
- Knowledgeable in current and future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting the waste industry.
- Deep knowledge of the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Bachelors Degree or combination of experience and college studies
- Masters Degree
- Travel 50%
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of the Casella service offerings and related operational processes and equipment to support improvement plan development.
- Stay abreast of equipment developments and industry practices, including route optimization and opportunities for increased automation.
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.